- Top Ten Keto Friendly Protein Powder Reviews
- The Ultimate and Effective Editor’s Pick: Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey Protein Powder
- The Delicious Alternative: Perfect Keto Base Chocolate Sea Salt
- The Affordable and Efficient: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder
- The Huge Upgrade and Best Quality: Naked Whey Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder
- The Best For Bodybuilders: MusclePharm Combat Whey
- Clean Protein At Its Finest: Jay Robb’s Egg White Protein Powder
- The Healthy and Inexpensive: Designer Whey Premium Natural Whey Protein
- The Healthiest and All-Natural : Garden of Life Meal Replacement
- The Best for Plant-Based Bodybuilders: Vega Sport Protein Powder
- The Delicious and Refreshing: BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder
- The Benefits Of Keto Protein Powders
- How to Look For
- Tips on Using
- Wrapping It Up
Protein powder is a quick way to get your protein in, but it also comes with a lot of carbs and sugar that hinder your progress in the keto diet! Fortunately, there are keto-friendly protein powder brands that help build muscle while staying in ketosis. Read on as I show you the top ten choices to help you reach your goals!
Top Ten Keto Friendly Protein Powder Reviews
Based on my research, tests, and overall customer reviews, here are my picks:
1The Ultimate and Effective Editor’s Pick: Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey Protein Powder
What makes Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein my ultimate favorite is because it’s got the excellent taste and creamy consistency I look for with protein powder! It’s so easy to mix into my shakes or liquids. It doesn’t stick to my spoon when mixing!
As for its effectivity, it certainly gives me that energy boost I need for recovery. After all, it’s made of whey protein isolates that deliver the nutrients into my body quicker. And with 30 grams of pure protein and nine grams of BCAAs, it improves my performance in the gym while keeping me satiated.
While it is a bit expensive, you get more than what you pay for because it contains hydrolyzed whey while still tasting amazing. Worth the investment!
- Mixes easily
- Great taste
- Works efficiently and great for recovery
- Contains pure protein, protein isolates, and BCAAs
- High price
- Some complaints about its smell
2The Delicious Alternative: Perfect Keto Base Chocolate Sea Salt
The Perfect Keto Base Chocolate Sea Salt is beneficial for those who want to remain in ketosis. This is because it contains the exogenous ketones that encourage your body to enter ketosis! I’ve tested it, and it works excellently, raising my blood ketone levels while improving my performance while training! I was surprised that with NO carbs or sugars whatsoever, it still keeps me full while improving my overall health, physically and mentally.
It mixes quite easily with any liquid, may it be my coffee, milk, or water. And compared to any other zero-carb powder, it tastes better. I would recommend this for those who are serious about their keto diet.
- No carbs, sugars, or fillers
- Easy to mix with liquids
- Improves mental and physical performance
- Suppresses appetite for effective weight loss
- Has a weird aftertaste
- Expensive for a small container
3The Affordable and Efficient: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition is one of the best brands to trust when it comes to their protein powder, with the Gold Standard being no exception. While it isn’t the Premium Standard which comes with 30 grams of protein and nine grams of BCAAs, it’s the more affordable and with the similar effects, containing 24 grams of pure protein and 5.5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs. It also has four grams of glutamine per serving.
Another plus is that it’s gluten-free and comes with a ton of sizes and flavors to choose from. I prefer the double rich chocolate, which works well with my milk or water alone. It’s not too sweet and mixes well with liquids, tasting like chocolate milk. I love everything about it!
- Delicious taste and fantastic consistency
- Comes in different flavors and sizes
- Reasonable price for its size
- Contains all the protein, BCAAs, and glutamine needed
- Gluten-free and keto-friendly
- Some complaints of stomach issues
- Not the best to take before sleeping
4 The Huge Upgrade and Best Quality: Naked Whey Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder
For those who want the healthiest whey protein available, Naked Whey is an excellent choice. Why? Because it comes with only ONE ingredient, without any additives or artificial flavors whatsoever. It’s gluten-free, soy-free, GMO-free, and growth-hormone free, making it suitable for just about ANYONE. It contains 25 grams of all-natural whey protein with only two grams of sugar and three grams of carbs, making it keto-friendly. Additionally, it provides 5.9 grams of BCAAs for the best improvement in your training sessions!
It’s a fantastic product with a natural vanilla flavor, tasting authentic. I know that there are no chemicals that would hinder my diet.
- Gluten and soy free
- Contains NO additives
- Fewer carbs and sugar compared to other protein powders
- Tastes natural
- Sometimes shipped without a safety seal
- A bit difficult to mix without a blender
5 The Best For Bodybuilders: MusclePharm Combat Whey
For those who want something that tastes great and contains all the protein you need (including isolates and BCAAs), then MusclePharm Combat is the ultimate choice. They are best for bodybuilders looking for the best file muscle recovery and better performance, making it perfect for pre and post workout meals.
Made for athletes, it has been banned-substance tested and certified by Informed Choice, so you know that it’s safe to use and can be consumed to improve your body for competitions.
You get a good deal on its quality protein blend while reaping the benefits of its fantastic whey protein content.
- Doesn’t taste chalky and mixes well
- Contains a mix of both whey and casein
- Reasonable price for more than 50 servings
- Perfect for athletes
- The cappuccino flavor contains instant coffee
- Maybe too thick for some people
6 Clean Protein At Its Finest: Jay Robb’s Egg White Protein Powder
What I appreciate about Jay Robb’s protein powder is that it contains pure egg white protein, making it filled with protein and without the extra carbs or sugar. The egg whites contain pure protein while encourages better muscle building while supporting metabolism, great for reaching your ultimate fitness goals.
Additionally, this protein powder comes in different flavors, including an unflavored version great for adding to smoothies for better consistency without any aftertaste. But even with its strawberry, chocolate, or vanilla flavors, it tastes fantastic! It doesn’t bother with my stomach, and I’ve had a significant increase in performance, making it a sound investment for those who want to get their protein fix from a delicious egg white protein powder.
- Tastes terrific and comes in unflavored packs
- Pure egg white protein for better performance
- Supports metabolism and suppresses appetite
- Affordable price
- A bit clumpy and difficult to mix
- Some complaints on migraines from xylitol
7 The Healthy and Inexpensive: Designer Whey Premium Natural Whey Protein
Designer Whey is made out of cow’s milk, free from any artificial growth hormones and sourced from Midwest farms. It’s low-calorie and contains 20 grams of protein, great for either muscle building or weight loss! It includes GMO-free whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolates for quick release before and after a workout. It has NO added sugar and is also gluten-free, healthy and suitable for almost any diet, including the keto diet.
It’s inexpensive compared to the other protein powders out there and comes with a delicious taste that satisfies my chocolate cravings without the considerable amount of calories!
- Delicious chocolate flavor
- Inexpensive price
- Gluten and GMO-free for health
- No artificial sugar or flavorings
- Contains protein from cow’s milk
- Tastes a bit chalky
- Not as much protein as other brands
8 The Healthiest and All-Natural : Garden of Life Meal Replacement
If you want on-the-go nutrition made of clean and natural ingredients, then the Garden of Life Meal Replacement is a perfect choice. It’s suitable for vegetarians on a keto diet and still want their fix of protein, thanks to the fact that it comes with 20 grams of organic plant protein. It even contains 44 superfoods to keep you full for longer and filled with nutrition to keep your body energized.
The protein powder contains probiotics and 21 vitamins and minerals, boosting mental clarity and improving my lean muscle mass. It’s best for vegetarians or anyone who wants to begin eating clean while getting their protein fix!
- Helps with mental clarity and lean muscle mass
- Contains different vitamins, minerals, and probiotics
- Has organic plant protein for vegetarians
- Very healthy and good taste
- Lumpy consistency
- Expensive price
9 The Best for Plant-Based Bodybuilders: Vega Sport Protein Powder
Bodybuilders on the keto diet will benefit from the Vega Sport Protein Powder because it contains all the protein and vitamins you need without the high amount of carbs. It’s a plant-based protein powder made out of whole ingredients, suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Made out of peas, hemp, and flax seeds, it has the complete amino acid profile and all the vegetables you need for the day. Great taste, not much effort to mix, I highly recommend this protein powder!
- Contains whole food ingredients for nutrition and protein
- Has natural flavors that speed up muscle recovery
- Easy to mix
- Very high price
- Some people don’t like how sweet it is
10 The Delicious and Refreshing: BPI Sports Best BCAA Powder
If I were to rate protein powders by taste, BPI Sports has the best and unique flavors for a refreshing post-workout drink! Watermelon Ice is a fantastic flavor I add to my ice-cold water for hydration and protein. I’ve noticed that it’s given me the best improvement in performance and muscle building, thanks to its BCAA formulate that breaks down quickly and has my body recover from workouts effectively. All in all, you’ll love its flavor, the way it mixes well, and how you can use it while maintaining your state of ketosis! It’s one of the best drinks to have for intense training sessions.
- Effective BCAA formula
- A significant increase in workout performance and muscle building
- Delicious and refreshing taste
- Easy to dilute and mix
- Some have complained of it sweetness
- Some complaints of a slightly uneasy stomach
The Benefits Of Keto Protein Powders
You’re probably wondering: With the many types of protein to choose from when on a keto diet (you have your salmon, lean meats, tofu, and even nuts!), why should you still invest in protein powder? Well, here are the benefits it has to offer:Quick To Prepare
What I love about protein powder is that I get my protein fix without the need to cook or what! All I need is to mix it in with my water or blender to make a shake. It’s that easy and no mess, perfect as a meal replacement if I’ve got no time.Get Your Protein Fix and More
Obviously, protein powder contains pure protein and other amazing nutrients that keep me on my top performance. With keto-friendly protein powder, it contains fewer carbs and sugar that has me feel fuller for longer as well. It’s a perfect pre-workout drink to energize my body or to have right after my routine to get those muscles working!Lose Fat and Preserve Muscle
Studies have shown that those who reduce their calories AND take protein powder have lost more body fat and preserved muscles compared to those who didn’t. With the proper intake of protein and protein isolates, you’ll be able to shed the pounds correctly. And like mentioned, since you feel fuller for longer, there’s no worry for cravings that have you go over your caloric intake.Better Size and Strength
Even if you hit the gym as hard as you can, you still won’t be able to reach your goals and build muscle without the proper nutrients. A study shows that those who consume whey protein powder have had better muscle strength and increased their fat-free mass.
How to Look For
Using protein powder safe for the keto diet is beneficial but only when you choose the right one for you! It isn’t just about looking for the one with the most reviews. Here are some tips and factors to consider when selecting the best keto-friendly protein powder suitable for YOU:Macronutrient Count
Obviously, you will want something that is both low-carb and high-protein. Look into the nutritional labels before you purchase something known to be keto-friendly. Avoid any protein powder with too many chemicals or hidden sugars, as this can stall your progress in ketosis.Consistency and Taste
This is the next thing I always have in mind because I naturally can’t consume something if it doesn’t taste good! There are tons of flavors available like cookies, chocolate, or even vanilla. What you choose will depend on what your taste buds like. Additionally, I prefer a powder that’s easy to mix and with a creamy texture right after.Effectivity and Quick Release
I choose a protein powder that comes with all the nutrients needed to ensure both quick release and effectivity with my workouts. I focus on protein isolates, which are known to quickly release the nutrients not your body, great for before and after workouts to build muscle!Size and Price
Sure, protein powder can get quite expensive, but that’s because it comes in bigger packaging and with quality ingredients. I recommend that you purchase in bulk to save more money and effort when ordering. Remember to measure the price with the quality and size of the protein powder you choose! That way, you’ll know that what you get is right for your money.
Tips on Using
Now that you know why protein powder is an excellent investment and how to choose the best, how will you be able to start using it for achieving your fitness goals? Here are some tips to remember when consuming protein powder:
- If you’re wondering how to drink your protein powder, you can do so by mixing it with water or flavored fluids (I love it with milk!) or to a healthy fruit smoothie. But for those on a keto diet, I recommend that you mix it with greens, full cream, and blueberries if you do make it to a fruit smoothie.
- It’s best to take protein right after a workout because that’s when your muscles need it the most. Consume within half an hour of finishing your training session to build muscle tissue.
- You don’t only need to take protein powder after a workout but before it as well. You can even have it as a meal replacement if you have no time to prepare lunch or dinner.
- Remember that even low-carb protein powder brands still contain carbs and sugar, so you have to consume it in moderation to avoid ruining your state of ketosis.
Wrapping It Up
If you’re on the keto diet and want to ensure that you reach your weight loss goals while retaining your muscle, then consider investing in protein powder! You get to achieve your protein requirements without having to hassle yourself with cooking or prepping food. It’s quick, delicious, and comes with a ton of other nutrients to help you build muscle as you work out efficiently.
Out of all the keto friendly protein powder brands tried and tested, the best one would have to go to the Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey Protein Powder. What makes it the best choice for me is that it doesn’t only come with a whopping 30 grams of pure protein per serving but that it has hydrolyzed whey protein isolates. Through this, the protein will flow through your body quickly and give you the energy and satiating feeling. Easy to mix in and with no aftertaste, it’s a significant investment that works incredibly!
Hopefully, this article helped you find what you should invest in while you’re on the keto diet. Utilize any of the tips and reviews on this article and begin achieving the ultimate fitness goals today!
Do you have any questions or would like to share your reviews and experiences with low-carb protein powder? Then comment down below! All your input and contribution will be much appreciated.