Advertisement Shop Now
When you can’t get enough sleep it can be devastating. Your body needs a few hours of sleep every night, and although you can skip a day and not suffer too many ill effects, any more than that in your entire life starts being affected. How much sleep you need depends upon your own body and experts recommend eight hours of sleep per night, most people find that their sleep falls between six and eight. The problem is, any less than that and you start feeling major effects from the deficit, so here are 10 ways on how to fall asleep at night so that you can take back your night of great sleep.
- One of the modern methods of falling asleep is the 4-7-8 breathing method and you do it by breathing in for four seconds, holding for seven and then breathing out for eight.
- Turn your clock around so that you don’t see what time it is getting to be and stress even further, which won’t help you fall asleep.
- Turn your phone off. Not only are the notifications going to annoy you, but it is far too easy to pick it up and see who messaged you, what is going on at your Twitter feed or which friends are online on Facebook.
- Listen to an audiobook. While a TV keeps your eyes and ears engaged effectively, making it difficult to fall asleep, an audiobook allows you to close your eyes and just drift away while listening to the story.
- Wear socks or use a hot water bottle at your feet. There have been some studies that suggest that a person with warm feet has a much easier time getting to sleep than someone who has cold feet – the literal kind, not the figurative one.
- Listen to relaxing music. Not your favorite hip-hop jams. You need music that is between 60 and 80 beats per minute.
- Try self-administered acupressure. There are techniques you can learn to hit key areas of your body with acupressure that may help you fall asleep. It’s probably not as good as a massage, but it might be close enough to allow you to get some Z’s.
- Try self-hypnosis: This may not work for everyone, but if you find a hypnosis MP3 that is intended to give you a full night’s sleep rather than help you quit smoking or lose weight you may be able to fall asleep instead.
- Use recorded sounds of nature or rainstorms to allow yourself to relax. You can probably find apps with these sounds or look on YouTube.
- This one is a bit unusual: Attach something like a feather duster to your oscillating fan and position so that it lightly brushes over your body as the fan sweeps. This might just do the trick to getting you to fall asleep and it might be the closest thing to a night time massage you’ll get without an actual human.
The points in this article would be a big help for you have a better sleep.
Comments are closed.