There are a lot of awesome things that you get to experience as you grow older, but there’s one thing that isn’t so awesome: stretch marks.
What Causes Stretch Marks on Butt?
Stretch marks are lines that run across the surface of your skin. They usually start out purplish in color and gradually turn to an opaque color that is slightly different than the color of your skin. They are the result of distension of the skin. In other words, as the skin stretches, it pulls, and that pulling results in stretch marks.
While stretch marks can appear on any part of the skin that pulls and stretches – under the arms, the abdomen, the thighs – one spot where they are particularly common is on the butt. Why? Because as your body matures and goes through puberty, your butt is one of the parts of your body that grows, especially on women (it’s part of getting your body prepared for childbearing).
Whether you have just discovered stretch marks on your butt or you have had them for years, there’s no doubt that you probably are wondering if there is any way that you can get rid of them. Well, you’ll be pleased to know that there is!
You probably already know that aloe is used to treat a multitude of skin-related issues, and for good reasons; it has some pretty amazing healing properties for the skin – including stretch marks!
Try the following:
- Rub some onto the affected area and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the area clean with water and pat dry. Alternatively, you can make a mixture of ¼ a cup of Aloe Vera gel, the oil from vitamin E and vitamin A capsules.
- Rub the mixture onto the stretch marks and leave it.
- Repeat this process one to two times a day.
The acidity of lemon juice can help to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. To use this technique:
- Cut a lemon in half and rub the exposed flesh of the fruit onto the affected area.
- Let the juice absorb into your skin for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Rinse your skin off with warm water and pat dry.
Another way to use lemon for stretch marks is by mixing it with cucumber juice. Cucumbers also contain healing agents that work wonderfully on the skin.
- Apply the mixture to the stretch marks and let it absorb.
- Rinse and repeat until the marks are less visible.
Believe it or not, egg whites can also be used to reduce the appearance of stretch marks on the butt. Since they are high in protein and amino acids, they can plump up the skin and help reduce those nasty marks.
To use this technique:
- Just whip up the egg whites and apply them to the marks with a clean makeup brush.
- Let the egg whites dry and then rinse clean with cold water.
Coffee can be used to help fight off stretch marks and cellulite. You can use a homemade coffee scrub to improve your skin and make your stretch marks less noticeable in just a couple of weeks.
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of ground coffee
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a clean container and mix thoroughly into a paste.
- Gently scrub the area for about 8 minutes each morning until the marks start to fade.
- Store the scrub in an airtight container to maintain its potency.
An ancient beauty remedy, sugar contains glycolic acid and considered one of the best home solutions to get rid of stretch marks. This component stimulates the skin to generate a fresher, younger, and glowing appearance.
The sugar granules act as an exfoliation agent to help remove dead cells. All you’ll need is one tbsp. of sugar, almond oil, and a little lemon juice. Mix the ingredients together and gently scrub the area for 10 minutes before washing off with water. Repeat this method a few times per week until the stretch marks start to fade.
Castor oil acts as a powerful holistic remedy for dry skin, sunburn, stretch marks, and acne. It helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin (the connective tissue protein that allows the skin to stretch) in the skin.
For this method, you’ll need two tablespoons of castor oil, a little warm water, a clean water bottle, and a clear plastic wrap.
- Apply a thick layer of castor oil on the affected area and wrap it with the plastic wrap.
- Apply heat using the warm water bottle and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Do this 1-2 times per week until the stretch marks start to fade.
Olive oil contains antioxidants such as Vitamin E and Vitamin A that moisturizes, protects and cleanses the skin. Vitamin E helps to neutralize the oxidative effect of free radicals that cause damage to the skin’s collagen. A lack of collagen can lead to skin dryness, wrinkles, and fine lines. Make sure you’re buying organic virgin olive oil. Apply it to the area each day after a bath until stretch marks start to fade.
Potato contains properties that soothe the skin and help get rid of stretch marks. This starch is also a great source of potassium, vitamin C, and magnesium. You’ll need one medium-sized potato and some lukewarm water. Cut the potato into thick slices and gently rub it over the affected area. Leave it on for approximately 10 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
Anti Stretch Mark Creams and Moisturizers
There are hundreds of anti-stretch mark products available. However, not all of them are created equal. Here’s some of the most popular, tried and tested products to help you reduce those nasty stretch marks.