People often joke about leaving the country during presidential election season. Celebrities go public with their opinions of the nominees and plans to relocate if their least favorite candidate wins the presidency. However, this year’s election leaves few laughing. Many celebrities already purchased plane tickets and started preparing vacation homes overseas for permanent residence. Some even prefer living on other planets to living in the U.S., especially if Trump wins the election.
We pulled together a short list from all across the World Wide Web of celebrities who plan on uprooting their lives and live abroad if Trump takes up the Whitehouse’s throne.
• Author and actress Jenny Slate said little about moving if Trump wins the election, but she held back nothing on how she felt about him becoming president.
“If Donald Trump wins the presidency, a pig will fly out of my butt hole, because it will be a nightmare.”
I’ll just leave this image of Jenny Slate right here because it’s wonderful pic.twitter.com/4EaJEZAeHB
— Chris Evangelista (@cevangelista413) September 3, 2016
• Both Jon Stewart and Cher said they would rather live on another planet if Trump is elected. Cher, however, said that she would go to Jupiter, apparently because it is “more orange” than Trump’s skin.
• Star of ‘The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Armie Hammer, contemplated opening up his own business dealing with jet skis somewhere in the Caribbean.
• Director and actress Lena Dunham gave the idea of moving if Trumps ends up in office more serious thought.
“I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely place in Vancouver, and I can get my work done from there.”
Trump issued a sharp-tongued response.
“Well, she’s a B-actor. And you know, has no mojo…”
— CNN (@CNN) September 7, 2016
• The Reverend Al Sharpton never officially endorsed any of the presidential candidates. However, he stated that he, too, would leave the U.S. if Trump becomes president.
“I [am] reserving my ticket to get out of here if he wins. Only because he’d probably have me deported anyhow.”
• Musician Miley Cyrus adamantly expressed her feelings about Trump.
“Honestly, f*** this s***! I am moving if this is my president! I don’t say things I don’t mean!”
• Rosie O’Donnell and Donald Trump have years of bad blood between them. She shocked few people when she mentioned leaving the U.S. before calling Trump her President. Toronto Sun reports that this elicited another snide remark from the presidential hopeful.
“Now I have to get elected! If me winning means Rosie O’Donnell moves to Canada, I’d be doing a great service to our country!”
O’Donnell later recanted her statement on Twitter, saying she is “never leaving” America.
Rosie O’Donnell donated $1mil to NYC day after 9-11, Donald Trump took $150,000 from fund set up to help victims pic.twitter.com/9tkg8PsCpM
— anache (@anachech) August 27, 2016
• According to Alternet, Samuel L. Jackson was very, very direct in plans for what some call the “Trumpocalypse.”
“If that mother f***** becomes President, I’m moving my black a** to South Africa.”
— C-J Sports (@sports_cj) September 3, 2016
• Director Spike Lee said that if Trump wins the election, he will go to the one “Republican-free stronghold” in America: Brooklyn, NY. Rumor is, he should consider leading the city into seceding to avoid Trump’s tyranny.
— Zaibatsu News Ⓜ (@ZaibatsuNews) August 30, 2016
• Whoopi Goldberg made very down-to-earth comments about Trump’s campaign.
“When they just use a blanket statement to talk about black people or when they use a blanket statement to talk about white people or women or any other group — I don’t think that’s America. I don’t want it to be America. Maybe it’s time for me to move.”
She, like O’Donnell, took back her remarks, after Trump’s son offered to purchase her ticket out of the U.S.
— The New York Times (@nytimes) September 3, 2016
• Natasha Lyonne, star of ‘Orange is the New Black,’ has a place further south planned if Trump becomes president. Much further south, or somewhere less insane, she kidded.
“[I’ll] throw in [my] cards and go straight to hell, or a mental hospital for awhile. Because you’re like, ‘why is this happening?’”
confirmed: Natasha Lyonne has the best puppy dog pout 😅💘 pic.twitter.com/RopBKPRX58
— jennä (@lyonnenichols) August 28, 2016
• Comedian Eddie Griffin was also pretty blunt about Trump and his comments during his campaigning.
“If Trump wins, I’m moving to Africa. If he wants to build a wall to keep Mexicans out, I know what the f— he feel about a n—.”
There is even a website about the lovely island of Cape Breton in Canada. They named the site ‘Cape Breton if Donald Trump Wins, www.cbiftrumpwins.com. So if Trump is elected president, and you are unhappy with that result, give the site a look. Or talk to Cher about rates on the tickets to Jupiter.